Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Tutorial and rough edit

In todays tutorial we had a look at varies rough edit from the second day shooting and looked through the footage from Saturday. As only three of use turned up to the shoot it was the first time that the rest of the group had seen the footage.

The edit that Valarie had done looked really good and the transition between cuts where really smooth. The edit was only about 5 minutes long but with the 2-minute piece and the final couple of scenes we had plenty of footage to make the 10-minute film. I really like the scene on the roundabout, I think the footage looks great and was edited to a really high standard. The shot I was too keen on was when we Louie walk to the swings, I just don’t think we need, the shot doesn’t look great and doesn’t add anything in the way of narrative, but apart from that the edit is really coming along.


We then had a look at the footage on Saturday, I was keen to see final scene with Louie and Hayley, as I think Louie felt a little uncomfortable. However I don’t think came across when watching the footage, which was good, It was clear that Louie was the stronger actor but considering the amount of problems we had trying to find the mum actor we where very grateful that she turned up.


We filmed the camera on two cameras, although the cameras where on the same setting the colour changes quite a bit, this is something we didn’t notice untill we reviewed the footage. The composition of the shots looks really good.  As we where filming off two cameras it was hard to find a place for me to record the sound, I ended up sitting in-between the tripods and boomed up wards, this wasn’t ideal but this was the closest I could get to the two actors where my microphone wasn’t dropping into shot.  


 We then quick talked about sound but I told them that there wasn’t much point in my starting the edit until I had a complete edit. Valarie said she would have one done before next weeks tutorial. Before leaving I got he footage of so I could spend the next couple of days syncing the dialogue.





No comments:

Post a Comment