Thursday, 6 November 2014

Feedback


In todays tutorial we got to show Chris our first rough-cut of SpaceBoy, as a group we where happy with the edit and how it looked, before going into the tutorial we had a little meeting, where we talked about the edit talked and the sound design. I was little shocked when listening to the feedback off some of the group as they told me that they weren’t too keen on the song as they thought the song was too slow and it didn’t build the excitement, the song was my favourite part of the film and thought it really worked with the film. I explained to that the song isn’t going to be the main focus of the piece, but just helps the rough-cut move smoothly. I was a little disappointed with the feedback from the group but could see why they where saying these things the song was too high in the mix and it does seem like it’s the main focus of the film.

In our tutorial we showed Chris the rough-cut and I think he was very impressed with the amount of progress we had made. He seemed to really like the edit but also gave us some positive feedback at how we could make it better.  He said the pace and tone of the film is really good but the film builds up to nothing, the film just ends with him leaving his room.  He also mentioned that we should change the order of the beginning as we see the boy playing with his toy then he’s in bed, he thought that the audience might get the wrong impression as they might think he’s been sent to bed fro been naught not because he's bored. I asked Chris about the sound design and the more importantly about the song, he seemed to like the song but thought I was a little over powering in the mix. He also said he liked the little bits of dialogue although it still needs a lot of work. The feedback we received was really positive but also really helpful. 

After the tutorial we met up and talked about the plan, as the presentation was the following week. We decided to restructure the film and swap the shots of Louie playing and the shots on the bed around. The biggest change we are going to make is the ending, instead of Louie leaving we are going to have the count down and then a rocket setting off, either archive footage or fireworks. Its fair to say as a group we have focused too much on linking the 2 and 10 minute piece together, the ending works really well for the 10 minute film but not of the 2 minute piece.  I’m very pleased with the feedback we received, and as a group we have come up with a plan to improve the film before next weeks presentation, Valerie is hopefully going to finish the edit before tomorrow night that gives me Friday and the weekend to complete the sound design before I give the final sound design to Valarie to colour correct.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJIrRfNX_Y&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment