The majority of us met at university to pick up the
equipment while Hannah went to go buy more posters to decorate the room. we had
a pretty good idea about how we was going to shoot as me, Beth and Kirean would
be filming and recording the first half of the film while the others would be
building the body of the space suit. When we got to location we quickly took
went upstairs to set up the equipment before Louie arrived, as we where delayed
by taxis we where still setting up the equipment when Louis arrived.
![]() |
| first shot |
We quick set up the equipment and started filming from the
start I noticed I had a problem with the microphone as one of the wires where
faulty, I bought a spare wire but I was having a similar problem although not
as bad, I learnt that if I held the wire I wouldn’t get any of the feedback and
we began to film. The first thing we shot was the scene where Dylan looks bored
on the bed, but this didn’t go as smoothly as first thought as the actor kept
on looking at the camera. We most of filmed the same scene about ten times
before we moved onto the next shot which was of him playing with the toy
rocket, we quick changed the position of the lights and began to film, I really
like his shot as the colours where so nice and vibrant, although a little orange
the colour worked with the warm feeling where trying to create with the film.
The sound was sounding really nice and crisp.
![]() |
| The Space Suit |



After we filmed that shot we decided to take a short break as we where waiting for the suit to been built and Louis was complaining about the lights been too bright which was fair enough. I decided to record a couple of room atmosphere to have in the background of the sound edit, I recorded there different atmospheres, clock atmos, where I sat next to the clock, room atmos, and room atmos with window open. I wasn’t quite sure what atmos I was going to use but wanted to give myself as much recording as possible in the edit.
After lunch we started to film the kitchen scenes, which
went quite smoothly, I was adamant to get a shot of inside the fridge so you
see Louis opening the fridge, after the break we seemed to work much more efficiently
and we quick moved onto the next scene. When the spacesuit was finished the
rest of the group sat in the room while we filmed, which I didn’t mind but I felt
they weren’t having much of an input and the room was very crowded.
Overall I think the first shoot day went really well, the
actor was great, although he kept on looking at the camera but that’s understandable
as he’s used to preforming theatre. As a group we worked really well, I was a
little annoyed at the equipment but I just didn’t have time to check it worked
before the shoot.



No comments:
Post a Comment