Friday, 7 November 2014

Foley

It wasn’t until  I listened to the recording that I noticed an annoying hum coming out of the left ear, a lot of the decialte sounds that I recored like the scissors, glue, rustle of the foil and picking objects up couldn’t be used. I tried to EQ  the unwanted frequencies out, however it made the sound really flat. The easiest thing to do was to rerecord these sounds.




As I need a couple of atmos tracks and the toys where at Beth’s house, where we did the filming, it made sense to do the recording there. The room in which we did the recording was really good it wasn’t near the main road so we wouldn’t get any interference from cars or the school opposite the house. The sounds where pretty simple to record however it still needed two people, Kirean recreated the sound while I recorded it. The only difficult we had was the sound of the scissors cutting through cardboard, we played the clip off a laptop so we could get the timing spot on. We did this numerous takes until we both felt happy with the recording. I also recorded individual cuts just as a back up, just incase I had do each cut individual. After we recorded the Foley sounds, I had all the sounds I needed to start working on the sound design.

No comments:

Post a Comment