Today we met for the first time as a group outside of our
lecture I was keen to meet up so we could further discuss the idea and possible
pitch any other ideas we had, as it always good to have a continuous plan as I
could be very difficult to find a child actor in time for our two minute piece.
We started the meeting talking about job roles and to see if
everyone was still happy doing them, I nominated myself as sound designer and
sound recordist as it is an area I would like to pursue in my film making career.
As a group I think we all really like the idea to of the little boy who’s on a
quest to become a astronaut so he can be reunited with his dad. Over the
weekend I had lots of ideas of how we could develop the idea and was keen to
hear what the rest of the group thought.
As a filmmaker it always good to keep the audience guessing,
and asking questions about the film, that’s why I thought it was important to
have the opening scene at the end. What makes this film unique is this idea of
a child imagination something we all slowly lose as we get older. If we started
the film with the audience finding out his dads died I think it tells a very
different story. The rest of the group
seemed to like this idea and we started to jot down ideas of things that could
happen in the film. E.G him building an
astronaut suit, playing with toys, watching T.V, going outside, in the
playground and his mum telling him about his dad.
As we all knew it would be difficult to find a child actor
within such a short amount of time, Hannah pitched this idea where we have the character
in his teens and we tell the story about how it has affected this character in
his later life by not having a father. I did like this idea and it was a great continuous
plan if we couldn’t find a child actor.
After discussing the idea further we then Looked on Star
Now, a website where you can look for actors, we found a couple of actors
suitable for the role but we needed credits to respond to actors and as we are
looking for a child actor we needed a evidence that we are CRB check, as I have
done some filming in a school over the summer I had been CRB check and we
decided to create an add in my name but we had to do that the next meeting as I
had no evidence.
We scheduled a another meeting on the Monday where we where
asked to bring story boards so we could start planning this two minute exercise
No comments:
Post a Comment