We got our
the first part of our brief which is to create a 2 minute character based study
with one clear emotional need that is our main focus of our film. The piece can
have more characters if need but has to focus around this one character.
These technical
elements need to be considered:
1). No sync dialogue. Although you can use inner voice or voiceover
to help tell the story of the character.
2). The world of your character. Consider all
aspects of mis-en-scene to establish the story world.
3). The use of filmic motifs and key shots
might be considered
These dates
are related:
Wednesday
22nd October Look at development of exercise in groups.
Wednesday
5th November Looking at rushes - you must have shot
something by this date.
Wednesday
12th November Present your finished film.
I was looking forward to starting work as I
feel like the brief is very open and gives us the chance to be very creative.
The only thing I’m slightly worried about is the no sync dialogue, as I feel
like it might be quite hard to tell a story without dialogue but I look forward
to the challenge as I think its a very interesting way to tell a story. After looking at the brief we then looked to
job roles with in our small production groups.
Director
Tells people what to do. If you don't know
the answer, who does?
Needs to be clear about what you want to happen,
but not take over everyone's own creative opinions.
Clear vision of the film.
Creative overview.
Works with actors - directs them.
Keeps control of the set. Normally Assistant
Directors role.
Artist, not a fascist.
Needs to be there all the time.
Producer
(Makes sure the film gets made.)
Make sure everyone's doing what they should be
doing.
Scout locations. Gets agreement.
Gets actors.
Risk assessments.
Foster a creative environment.
Schedule.
Funding/Budget.
Collaborate creatively with Director. Good to
ask creative questions but mostly keep opinions limited on actual set.
Makes sure set runs smoothly. Testing and
checking technical equipment.
Boring paperwork.
Storyboards. Check with technical eye.
Get the rights to music.
Cinematographer
(Normally have a D.O.P and a Camera
Operator.)
]Storyboards.
Filming with camera.
Set up shots.
Collaborate with actors.
Lighting.
Technical equipment.
Sound
Recording sound on set.
Mics.
Audio recorder and Boom poles.
Foley.
Collaborate with Director for sound design.
Music.
Post. Sound Design.
Art Director
Need to see storyboards.
Sketches/Costumes/Props ideas.
Set design.
Mood boards.
Work with Editor/colourgrading and Cinematographer/lighting
and colour.
Needs to be on set.
Have a budget to buy/borrow.
Mise-en-scene.
Help with location scouting.
Picture Editor
(Like the Writer.)
Brings all the footage together.
Helps with a fresh eye with narrative and
character.
Sound matches dialogue.
Colourist/grader.
Logs all the footage.
I was a little nervous before the session as I thought that
people had already formed production groups out of the class and I would be
left we group not willing to put the effort in. However that wasn’t the case as
they aren’t many people interested in sound I found a really good group. Although
we had a little bit of a problem when it came to deciding who the cinematography
was as no one wanted to take on that big of a task which is understandable, we
came up with the idea that we would all help each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment