I was more then happy to do be the sound recordist and
designer as it is the area of film that I would like to pursue. I thought it
would be necessary to research what tasks and responsibilities my job role
would involve.
I began my research by looking at what
skills and responsibilities I would need to be a good sound recordist/designer
by looking at a number of different websites:
- To make sound recordings of outstanding quality, free from interference and all unwanted noise.
- Good commination between different job roles.
- Good technical knowledge
- The know how to solve technical problems.
- Clear vision on what you want to do with the sound.
- Director and sound designer must share a similar vision on what they want the final out come to be.
- How to communicate a story with out any dialogue (experiment films)
- The use of Foley sounds
- The vision to see how one sound can become another E.G cornflower sounds like someone walking on snow (Foley sounds)
- Creating a rich sound design
- Knowing how to create tone, mood and emotion through sound
- Knowing what music works well if the film.
Definition of Foley Sound
“Foley is the reproduction of everyday sound
effects that are added to film, video, and other media in
post-production to enhance audio quality. These reproduced sounds can be anything from the
swishing of clothing and footsteps to squeaky doors and breaking glass.”
I am confident that I have the skills
needed to become a good sound recordist/designer
and I'm keen to develop my skills further. I have a great understanding of the film
and have so good ideas of how to enhance the film using sound
Sources
http://www.startintv.com/jobs/sound-recordist.php
No comments:
Post a Comment