Today was our last tutorial before our presentation, I was a
little disappointed I didn’t have anything to show Chris as todays tutorial was
about the sound. Valarie had almost completed the edit, which was great, we had
seen little sections of the edit but today was the first time we saw all of it
together. I was really happy with the edit the transition form one location to
another worked really well, the footage looked really nice and thought the
ending was very powerful now you could hear what they where saying. There where
a couple of shots that as a group we weren’t keen on but we almost had a
complete edit, we decided that we would spend rest of the day and get it
finalised.
For the sound I explained what I hoped to do with each section
of the film. The first section I wanted to keep the same as I thought it worked really well. As he walks out of the door the music would stop and a new Midi composition would start, this midi composition would play though out the piece but would constantly change. When he's walking I wanted the footsteps to be really dramatic, heavy like the space suit is making it difficult to walk.When he gets to playground I really want to take all the normal background noise out of the mix, no cars, just him by himself in his spacesuit. The only time I want to bring the out door noise in is where he's on the slide, i want to build up all sounds around him before dropping them out of the mix when he gets stuck. Hopefully this will be quite funny.

As he gets to the amphitheatre i slowly want to bring more and more or the outside sounds back into the mix e.g. the traffic. The midi composition would slow drop out of the mix as he Dylan starts to realise that he might not see his dad again. Before it cuts to louie in the living room, in the background there will be the sound of a siren from a police car, this sound is what triggers the flash back.
The flashback starts with Dylan opening his eyes, the sound
of the siren will continue until the policeman nocks on the door. you also hear the sound of the mum washing up
and the sound of the telly.
For the final scene it’s going to be mainly just atmos and
the dialogue. However I might bring the song back in.
In the tutorial Chris talked about the ending that it needs
to be something a little more as it just ends. We all stayed after the tutorial get the edit
completed, there where a couple of shots we all agreed on that we thought
didn’t need to be in film, the shot of him walking to swings and the transition between the 2 minute piece and the new footage of the room didn't really work. he had a big discussion about how we could end the film but we didn't film any real ending, in the scrip it ends with sylvan looking out of the window. We found a shot that worked quite well with Dylan looking out of the window and then he blinks. Out all the shots thats the only one that could have really worked as the blink could of signed the end of the flashback. I do like the ending, and it works quite well but the blink is so quick i don't think a lot of people will notice it. overall I'm very pleased with the final edit and the rest of the group seem happy my ideas for the sound design which was great. Before we exported the final film we added Valaries cute animation for the credits, which looked really good and was great way to show the credits.



No comments:
Post a Comment